January 28, 2019

Brownie with chili and nuts


I have found this recipe on brownie with addition of the "usual nuts", but also chili is used as flavouring ingredient as well. I have located this specific recipe in the magazine "Isabellas" issue 2018/8. I find the chili flavour to be very, very delicate, it is almost impossible for me to detect the taste of chili in this brownie. The brownie has a great taste of chocolate.

As I did not have enough pistachio nuts (50 g is stated in the recipe), I used a combination of pistachio and pecan nuts as well as the walnuts. I still have plenty of pecan nuts after a recent trip to USA.

Regular readers of my blog will noticed, that I am in a period, where chili is used regular in my kitchen (spaghetti arrabbiata & pasta with mushrooms in spicy tomato).

Brownie with chili & nuts: - 1 cake
  • 250 g butter
  • 150 g dark chocolate
  • 4 eggs
  • 250 g sugar
  • 150 g (cake) wheat flour
  • 3 tablespoon cocoa powder
  • ½ fresh chili - de-seeded and finely chopped
  • 100 g walnuts - medium chopped
  • 25 g pistachio nuts - medium chopped
  • 25 g pecan nuts - medium chopped
  1. Heat up the oven to 180'C.
  2. Melt the butter and dark chocolate together in a medium size cooking pot over medium heat.
  3. Whip the eggs and sugar together to a foamy mass.
  4. Add in the wheat flour and cocoa powder, and whip until the mass is homogeneous.
  5. Gently stir the melted butter-chocolate mass together with the chopped nuts and chili.
  6. Cover a baking tray of 20 x 30 cm with baking parchment. 
  7. Fill the cake dough into the baking tray.
  8. Bake the cake at 180'c for 30-35 minutes in the middle of the oven.
  9. Cool down the cake, before you cut it into pieces.

1 comment:

  1. Never thought to have chili in a brownie, but it seems worth trying. Interesting blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...