January 19, 2019

Pasta with mushrooms in spicy tomato sauce


Apparently I have come into a period, where I am making various pasta dishes in spicy tomato sauce (I recently made this spaghetti arrabbiata), perhaps it is due to, that on cold Winter days it can be good to eat some food with a certain level of spiciness.

My mother would probably decide this pasta sauce as spicy, I would call it delicate in it´s spiciness, so you could consider to increase the level of chili seeds from 1 teaspoon to 1½ teaspoon.

This pasta dish is very filling, which I think come the tomato sauce, being filled in fried mushrooms. So all in all it is a dish, what I would to cook again.

I found the recipe in the weekly magazine "Søndag" (issue 52/2018). I have made the following modifications. I decided to use a combination of both onion and garlic. And I decided to add in the chili seeds, when I started the cooking time of the tomato sauce instead of first adding the chili seeds just before serving the sauce.

It is not a quick fix to too cook this sauce, as it takes minimum 20 minutes to cook the pasta sauce as well as frying the fresh mushrooms.

Pasta with mushrooms in spicy tomato sauce: - 4 servings

  • 1 tablespoon of olive oil
  • 1 onion - finely chopped
  • 1 clove of garlic - finely chopped
  • 70 g of tomato concentrate
  • ½ dl of white wine
  • 800 g canned tomatoes
  • salt & pepper for seasoning of the sauce
  • 1 teaspoon of chili seeds
  • 1 tablespoon of olive oil
  • 400-500 g fresh mushrooms - thinly sliced
  • 400 g dried pasta
  • Parmesan cheese - freshly grated
  • Basil leaves - optional
  1. Fry the chopped onion and garlic in hot olive oil in a medium size cooking pot, until the onion is clear in it.
  2. Add in the tomato concentrate and let it fry for ½-1 minute.
  3. Add in the white wine, and let is boil down.
  4. Add in the canned tomatoes, season with salt, pepper and chili seeds.
  5. Bring the tomato sauce to a gentle simmer for min. 20 minutes.
  6. Meanwhile fry the mushrooms in 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan. 
  7. When the mushrooms have be reduced in size and change colour as well as texture, they can be added into the tomato sauce
  8. Meanwhile cook the pasta.
  9. Serve the pasta with the mushroom-tomato sauce together with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and some basil leaves.
  10. Enjoy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...