Easter aqua vita - Easter Calendar 2019
Both Christmas and Easter in Denmark involves people meeting up with family and friends in order to spend time together at the annual celebrations. And in Denmark such celebration involves eating dinners or lunches together. For the lunches the aqua vita plays a crucial role as company for the eating of the marinated herrings and the other lunches dishes.
Therefore quiet some people will make various versions of infused aqua vita for lunches either at Christmas & Easter. I typical make infused aqua vita for Christmas like this Christmas aqua vita. However, it I think it is the fist time, that I will be making an infused aqua vita for Easter. Well, I think making an Easter aqua vita will be a great thing to make on this Sunday, which is Palm Sunday.
I found this recipe on Easter aqua vita in the weekly magazine Søndag (issue 13/2019). I have have no changes to the recipe. The only issue is, that the aqua vita needs a resting time of 2 week after the the four days of infusion !!! Well, I have time enough for the four days if infusion.
Easter aqua vita: - 1 aqua vita
- 3 organic lemons
- ½ g saffron
- 70 cl unflavoured aqua vita
- Wash the surface of the organic lemons. Remove the peel of the lemons with a potato peeler. Only peel the surface and avoid the bitter white of the lemon peel.
- Add the lemon peel together with the saffron to a 1-liter glass.
- Pour the aqua vita into the glass container.
- Let the aqua vita infused for four days, shaking the glass from time to time.
- Filter the aqua vita through a sieve.
- Pour the aqua vita into a glass bottle.
- Let the aqua vita rest for 2 weeks, before serving it.