January 09, 2011

Klosterbrød - monastery bread

"Hjemmebagt" - 73 recipes - 3 accomplished = 70 recipes to bake

This Sunday I have been baking the bread called "Klosterbrød" from my baking book "Hjemmebagt", which translates into monastery bread. This bread contains three different flours in form of wheat, spelt and rye together with salt, buttermilk and roasted sunflower kernels and sesame.

The roasted sunflower and sesame gives nice flavour to the bread.

Instead of forming the bread into one big loaf sharped in a ring, I decided to make small bread rolls, as these are so much easier for find room for in my small freezer only containing 2 drawers. After baking I right away place the hot bread rolls in the freezer. When needed you defrost the desired amount in the microwave oven, and the bread is just like warm fresh baked bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...