At Midnight New Year´s Eve it is tradition to enjoy marzipan cakes (kransekage) together with champagne/sparkling wine, when the bell will ring it´s 12 strokes.
Instead of buying finished liquorice marzipan in the supermarket, it is actually cheaper to make your ow version of liquorice marzipan buy mixing plain marzipan and liquorice powder together. By making your own liquorice marzipan you can every option of adjusting the strength of liquorice taste. At this point some of my good friends will start to have tics !!! as they know I am liquorice addicted. Anyway I have tried to "behave" myself, when I was making these liquorice marzipan cakes, as I will serving these marzipan cakes for other people. So I am looking forward to their judgement on the amount of liquorice powder used here :-)
Liquorice marzipan cake - home-made: - 16 pieces
- 250 g marzipan
- 62 g icing sugar
- 62 g almond flour
- 20 g egg white
- 1 teaspoon liquorice powder
- Decoration: egg white + icing sugar
- Heat the oven to 220'C (conventional oven).
- Stir the icing sugar and liquorice powder together with the egg white, so any lumps are removed.
- Stir in the almond flour.
- Knead the marzipan together with this sugar-almond-egg white together
- Divide the marzipan cake mass into 16 pieces of equal size.
- Form the marzipan cake mass into a triangle sharp.
- Bake the marzipan cake mass at 220'C for 7-8 minutes.
- Cool down the marzipan cake.
- Decorate the top of the marzipan cake with icing sugar.
- Let the icing sugar dry.
- Enjoy !!!!