I think it is time to start making various sweet treat for the fast approaching Christmas, which you can serve for some of the Christmas guests coming by in the next 1-2 weeks.
The Christmas sweet treat in form of marzipan rolled with a filling some kind is a very classic Danish Christmas treat.
You can have a look here as will for other suggestions for the filling part:
tour to Alsace in June) decorate with pecan nuts.
You can either make one roll or 3 smaller rolls. The advantages of the smaller rolls is, that you can always serve a "fresh" roll during the Christmas period.
Marzipan roll with speculoos filling: - 1 big roll or 3 smaller rolls
- 200 g marzipan
- 100 g speculoos paste
- 100 g dark chocolate
- pecan nuts - optional
- Start by rolling the marzipan thin. I sprinkle with icing sugar below and on top of the marzipan and move it around after some rolling movements, so it does not stick to the surface.
- Stir the speculoos pasta, so it is more easy to spread on top of the marzipan.
- Add the speculoos pasta on top of the marzipan in a thin layer.
- Role the marzipan into a role.
- Temper the dark chocolate. First covering the upper part of the marzipan roll. Let the chocolate set, before you turn the roll upside down.
- Coat the bottom of the marzipan roll with tempered dark chocolate. Let the chocolate coating set, before you turn the roll around again.
- Finish by adding pecan nuts on top of the marzipan roles using tempered dark chocolate as "glue" to stick the pecans on.