Today it is Easter Sunday, which is the fourth day in the Danish Easter vacation.
Today it is time to make some Easter eggs in form of a baked cake version using the latest addition equipment in form of a silicone form in egg shape. I have used a Tupperware recipe, which I have got from my cousin with a few flavour modifications in form using lemon zest and liquorice powder as flavouring ingredients.
Easter egg cakes: - 8 cakes
- 100 g soft butter
- 100 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100 g (cake) flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 50 g dakr milk chocolate -melted
- 1/4 teaspoon liquorice powder
- ½ organic lemon - only the zest
- Heat up the fan oven to 180'C.
- Whip the soft butter and the sugar together into a foamy white mass.
- Add in the eggs one by one, whip between each addition of egg.
- Add in the (cake) wheat flour and baking powder.
- Divide the cake dough into two portions, approx. 200 g per portion.
- Add lemon zest into one pf the cake dough portions.
- Melt the chocolate using the micro wave oven.
- Stir in the melted chocolate and liquorice powder into the second cake dough portion.
- Fill half the egg silicone form with the chocolate cake dough. And fill the remaining part with the lemon cake dough.
- Bake the cake in fan oven at 180'C for 20 minutes.
- Cold down the cakes prior to serving them.
- Store in airtight container.