For the annual cake regetta at-the rowing club I decided to give it a go with these æblemuffin with cinnamon and oat a la Elle. The muffins did not increase so much during baking, and they are a little to the dry side. Instead of using oat flakes, I decided to grained the oat flakes into oat flour.
As another suggestion on muffins with apple take a look here apple muffin with cinnamon. These muffins has more moisture.
In the original recipe the plain yogurt is used, however I decided to use thick milk instead of, as I had thick milk and no plain yogurt in my refrigerator. You could also use buttermilk as alternativ.
Muffin with apple, cinnamon and oat: - 8 muffins
- ½ dl rape seed oil
- 75 g sugar
- 1 dl yogurt or thick milk
- 2 eggs
- 80 g oat flakes - grained into the flour
- 125 g wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 nip of salt
- 1 apple - diced into small pieces
- another apple - cut into thin slices for decoration
- cinnamon sugar - optional
- Heat up the oven to 180'C-
- Whip the sugar and rape seed oil well to get.
- Add in the thick milk/plain yogurt and whip.
- Add in the egg one by one, whip between each addition of egg.
- Add the wheat flour, oat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and vanilla sugar into another mixing bowl.
- Add this dry into the sugar-oil-egg mixture, while you whip.
- Finally stir the apple pieces.
- Fill the muffin dough into the 8-12 muffin forms
- Add three thin apple slices on top of the muffin as decoration, and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top.
- Bake the muffin at 180'C for approx 20 minutes, +/- 5 minutes (depends on the size of the muffin form).
- Cold down the muffins prior to serving them together with a cup of coffee/tea.