May 24, 2019

Birthday coffee 2019


As tradition "demands" I invited my local friends around for birthday coffee. Classic Danish birthday coffee contains three key ingredients: freshly baked bun served with plenty of butter, cream cake and hot chocolate. Hot chocolate or drinking chocolate has no space inside my kitchen, as I DISLIKE the taste of hot chocolate and cocoa milk !!! I still recall my dislike, when I as a child was served hot chocolate at the other children´s birthday :-(

I had not selected a specific theme for the birthday coffee this year, which I sometime had done previous years.

The usual start was a glass of either sparkling wine or French cider to get the talk running, before we sat down at the table.













As start we enjoyed saffron buns. For me saffron buns really equal birthday celebration for me, as the use of saffron in huge amount is a great way to celebrate life/birthdays.

Afterwards it was time for the first cake in form of a Battenberg cake Battenberg cake, which I first became acquainted with at my first afternoon tea course at Denham.


The second cake was the cream cake with rhubarb compote and a whipped cream mixture of both dairy whipping cream and full-fat sour cream. The use of sour cream bring freshness to the cream cake, which was covered by a marzipan cover. So the cake is not tasting too sweet.


For those of my guests still having room in their stomach they could enjoy a oat cookies with raisin and cinnamon

I will be sharing the various recipe from this birthday coffee in the near future.

I received some very nice birthday gift in form of a yarns for summer knit sweater and a small ceramic bowl with a teak wood spoon. Thank you very much to my friends for some great gifts and your excellent company :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...