As a finishing touch to my theme of September I have been making apple curd using this recipe. I decided to use the entire apple mash for this curd. This apple curd could the a great touch to these apple walnut scones.
Apple curd: - 6 glasses
- 680 apple - cored, peeled and cut into boat shape
- 150 ml water
- 1 lemon - only the juice
- 340 g sugar
- 2 eggs - whipped together
- 110 g butter
- Cook the apple, lemon juice and water, until the apples are soft.
- Blend the apple, lemon juice and water into a homogeneous mass.
- Prepare the storage glasses by adding boiling water to them.
- Add in the sugar, butter and egg mass to the apple mash.
- Continue to stir and heat up the apple curd to 80'C, so the eggs does not curdled.
- Pour the apple curd into the storage glasses.
- Store the apple curd cold.