After the afternoon tea course at Women Institute we were of cause also making a selection of sandwiches, but with a twist, as the sandwich were made as open sandwiches instead of the usual sandwich style with the filling between two slices of bread.
The second sandwich recipe, which I will share with you, is avocado and egg, so again twist to the classic egg sandwich known by most people enjoying afternoon tea.
Afternoon Tea sandwich - avocado and egg:
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime - only the juice
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Sciracha sauce
- Wholemeal bread
- Start by boiling the egg, either more soft boiled or hard boiled depending on your preference.
- Cold down the eggs, remove the shells and slice the eggs.
- Halve the avocado, remove the stone and spoon out the flesh into a small bowl.
- Add the lime juice on top of the avocado and mash everything together with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the avocado mix on top of the bread.
- Place egg slices on top of the avocado.
- Drizzle some Sriracha sauce over the eggs.
- Enjoy together with e cup of tea.