After the afternoon tea course at Women Institute we were of cause also making a selection of sandwiches, but with a twist, as the sandwich were made as open sandwiches instead of the usual sandwich style with the filling between two slices of bread.
The first sandwich recipe, which I will share with you, is smoked salmon, so one of the classic afternoon tea sandwiches known by most people enjoying afternoon tea.
Afternoon Tea sandwich - smoked salmon:
- smoked salon
- cream fraiche - sour cream with 18% fat
- black pepper
- soda bread
- Butter the soda bread.
- Mix together the creme fraiche, chopped dill and black pepper.
- Place a slice of smoked salmon on top of the bread.
- Spoon some of the creme fraich mixture on top of the salmon slice.
- sStore the sandwiches cold, prior to serving.
- Enjoy with a mice cup of tea.