I found this recipe on chocolate mint mousse in the weekly magazine"Søndag" (issue 42/2016). As this recipe contains dark chocolate I decided to use milk chocolate instead of, as I dislike dark chocolate due to it´s bitterness. In order to boost the chocolate flavour I added in some cocoa powder on top. This mousse has a relative soft texture, which I think could be due to the use of milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate.
Milk chocolate mint mousse: - 4 servings
- 1 dl full fat milk
- 125 g milk chocolate, medium-fine chopped
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 egg yolk
- 25 g sugar
- 1,25 dl dairy whipping cream - whipped into foam
- ½ teaspoon mint flavour
- Heat up the milk to the boiling point in medium cooking pot,
- Add in the chopped chocolate and cocoa powder, stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Whip the egg yolk and sugar foamy.
- Add the egg mass into the chocolate mass. The temperature of the chocolate mass should not be to warm.
- Stir in the mint flavour.
- Afterwards gently stir in the whipped dairy foam.
- Pour the chocolate mousse into serving glasses.
- Store the chocolate mousse in the refrigerator for min 2-4 hours.
- Decorate with mint leaves.