This I have been busy making home-made orange syrup a la Mad og Bolig, as I need this very specific ingredients for something in connection with the upcoming Christmas Calendar 2016 starting from tomorrow.
This orange can be used on top of yogurt, pan cakes, ice cream, however this is not my purpose for making this syrup. Any idea what I need this orange syrup for ?
- 100 g water
- 250 g sugar
- ½ vanilla pod - only the corn
- 2½ dl freshly squeezed orange juice
- Add water and sugar to the cooking pot, bring it to the boil. Reduce the heat, and let it simmer gently under lid for 30 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla corn and orange juice, bring it to the boil. Reduce the heat, and let it simmer gently under lid for another 30 minutes.
- Add boiling water into the storage bottle.
- Drain the water and add the orange syrup into the bottle.
- Store the bottle cold in the refrigerator.