I started out using some of the many wonderful and colourful pumpkin making sweet pickled pumpkin, which was in high demand by my mother, as she had already be eating her pickled pumpkin from from our shopping tour ton Samsø.
I used the recipe on sweet pickled pumpkin from Søndag issue 36/2016 without any modification.
Sweet pickled pumpkin: - 5 glasses
- 1 kg pumpkin
- 2 dl water
- 1½ dl plain clear vinegar
- 500 g sugar
- 20 g fresh ginger - peel and thinly sliced
- 1 vanilla pod - both corn and pod
- 1 cardamon seed - crouched
- Prepare the storage glasses by adding boiling water into them.
- Wash the pumpkin. Divide the pumpkin, remove the seedy core and peel the surface.
- Cut the pumpkin into thinner slice, which is cut into 4 cm pieces.
- Add the water, vinegar, sugar, vanilla pod, ginger and cardamon into a medium cooking pot. Bring it to the boil.
- Add in the pumpkin pieces and bring it again to the boil.
- Let the pumpkin boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Remove the pumpkin pieces from the pickle liquid.
- Empty the storage glasses for water.
- Add the pumpkin pieces into the storage glasses.
- Afterwards fill the pickle liquid into the glasses, so the pumpkin pieces are covered by pickle liquid.
- Store cold.
- Enjoy to meat or as topping on open sandwiches.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.