After I have found out how to make great tasting caramels, I have wanted to expand my candy creation skills, so when I saw this recipe on hjemmelavet lakrids fudge a la "Maden i mit liv", I decided to have a go on this fudge.
For the whipping part after the cooking I decided to team up with my very good kitchen help. You could also use a basic electrical beater or whip the fudge by hand, if you need to exercise during this calorie rich season.
January 27 2015, this recipe was used for the blog challenge "Cooking with herbs" having focus on store cupboards and essentials as theme for January 2015, as liquorice both as syrups (sweet & salty versions) and as powder is cupboard essentials in a Danish kitchen :-)
- 1 tin of 397 g sweetened condensed milk
- 450 g sugar
- 115 g butter
- 150 g milk
- 3 teaspoon liquorice powder
- 1 teaspoon raw liquorice powder
- Mix the condensed milk, sugar, butter and milk together in a large saucepan. Boil up this mass, while you stir regular. Cook the mass up to 115'C.
- Pour the fudge mass in a whipping bowl and add in the liquorice powders. Whip the fudge mass on speed 2 for 10 minutes.
- Cover a baking form with baking paper.
- Fill the fudge mass into this form.
- Let the mass cool down
- When the fudge is firm enough, cut it into squares of 2 x 2 cm each
- Store the fudge in an airtight container.