From time to time I need to do some clearing in my weekly vegetable box. And one way of "getting ride off" some vegetable, before the next weekly vegetable box arrives on my door step, is to use some of these left-over vegetables in a pasta sauce, freshly squeezed juice or in this case in a lasagne.
I used this recipe on lasagne from Karoline Køkken (book number 5) as starting point for my lasagne with plenty of vegetable.
Lasagne with plenty of vegetable:
- 3-4 tablespoons og olive oil
- 1 onion - roughly chopped
- 1 clove of garlic - finely chopped
- 400 g minced beef
- 3 carrots - roughly grated
- 1 can of canned tomato
- 1 can (70 g) of tomato concentrate
- 4 tomatoes - roughly chopped
- 4 stems of spring onions - roughly chopped
- 1 red pepperfruit - roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- 15 lasagne plates
- ½ i Mornay sauce
- 50-75 g grated Cheddar cheese
- Fry the onion, garlic and meat in hot oil in a cooking pot.
- Wait until meat has changed colour, before addition of the vegetables.
- Together with the addition of the vegetable add in the canned tomato and tomato concentrate. Season with pepper and salt.
- Gently cook the meat sauce under lid for 15 minutes, when remove the lid and cook the sauce for another 10 minutes.
- Start by pour some Mornay sauce into the bottom of ovenproof dish, followed by 5 lasagne plates. Next layer is the meat sauce, sprinkled with some grated Cheedar cheese and some Mornay sauce.
- Next another 5 plates of lasagne plates topped with the last of the meat sauce sprinkled with grated Cheedar cheese.
- Finally finish off with the last 5 lasagne plates, and the last of the Mornay sauce nd finally sprinkled with some Cheddar cheese.
- Place the ovenproof dish in the middle of the oven.
- Bake the lasagne at 200'C for 30 minutes in the fan oven.
- Served the lasagne warm.