I found this recipe on chocolate cake at isabellas.dk, where the use of raspberry, rose and yogurt in chocolate cake triggered by curiosity to try out this flavour combination. I already know, that my good friends in Horsens will start to get small tics, when they see the use of rose in cake !!! being afraid of a flavour overdose turning the entire cake into soap. This was not the case, the cake has a delicate flavour of rose, which brings something extra to this chocolate cake. So it is not the last time, that I will bake this chocolate cake.
I made a few modification to the original recipe in form of adding real chocolate instead of only cocoa powder into the cake dough. I used milk chocolate, but if you are bigger fan of dark chocolate, when use dark chocolate instead of.
Instead of Greek yogurt I used normal plain yogurt, as this was I had available in my refrigerator. So use the fermented milk product, which you have available.
Chocolate cake with raspberry and rose: - 1 cake
- 150 g wheat (cake flour)
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 125 g sugar
- 125 g butter - soft
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoon of plain yogurt
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- 2 teaspoon of rose flavouring or 1 tablespoon rose water
- 100 g chocolate - medium-fine chopped
- 100 g fresh raspberries
- icing sugar for dusting after baking
- fresh raspberries for decoration
- Heat up the oven to 180'C.
- Start by whipping the butter and sugar into a white foamy mass.
- Add in the egg one by one, and whip the cake dough in between, so it becomes homogeneous before addition of the next egg.
- Add flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt into cake dough, and stir until homogeneous.
- Add in the rose flavouring and yogurt, and stir until homogeneous.
- Finally stir in the chocolate pieces.
- Place the fresh raspberries in the bottom of a silicone form.
- Pour the cake dough on top of the raspberries.
- Bake the chocolate cake in the lower part of the oven at 180'C for 30-40 minutes.
- Before removing the cake from the oven, check that the cake is baked entirely.
- Let the cake cold down, before removing it from the form.
- Place the cake on a serving plate.
- Sprinkle the surface with icing sugar and decorate with fresh raspberries.
- Enjoy :-)