I have been using this recipe on cranberry - orange scones as starting point, while creating these Valentine scones. As a more indulgent Valentine Scone you could also try out these Valentine romance scones.
Valentine scones with cranberry, raspberry and white chocolate: 10-14 scones
- 350 g wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 85 g sugar
- 85 g butter - diced into small pieces
- 30 dried cranberries - either whole or chopped
- 30 g white chocolate - medium chopped
- 2 tablespoons of dried raspberry
- 175 g plain yogurt - yogurt without addition of neither sugar or fruit
- egg wash
- Heat the oven to 200'C.
- Cover a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Mix the cranberries, raspberry and white chocolate together in a small mixing bowl.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the butter pieces, rub in the butter using only your fingers, until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Add in the cranberries, raspberry and white chocolate.
- Make a hole in the mixture, where the yogurt is pour into. Knead the scone dough together, until it is soft.
- Roll out the scone dough in a thickness of 2 cm.
- Cut out the scones from the dough using a cutter. Do not twist the cutter, while doing this.
- Turn the scone up side down, when it is placed on the baking tray.
- Let the scones raise for 15-30 minutes prior to baking.
- Before making, brush the the top of the scones with egg wash (only the top, as this affect the raising of the scone during baking).
- Bake the scones at 200'C for 15 minutes, until golden.
- Cold down prior to serving.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.