As a more time consuming sweet treat for your Valentine you could make an indulgent ice cream full of white chocolate and cherry. Later on today I will share a more easy sweet treat in form Valentine scones with cranberry, raspberry and white chocolate.
I have been using this recipe on chai ice cream as starting point, while creating this Valentine ice cream.
Valentine ice with cherry:
- 630 g whole milk, 3-3.5% fat
- 39 g skimmed milk powder
- 96 g sugar
- 32 g glucose syrup as powder
- 6 g ice cream stabiliser
- 150 white chocolate medium chopped
- 4 tablespoons Amarana cherry in syrup
- Dry-mix all the powder ingredients. Pout them into the milk, as the milk is whipped.
- Pour the milk base into the a cooking pot.
- Heat the ice cream mix over medium heat until hot, but not boiling.
- Add chopped white chocolate into a plastic container.
- Pour the ice cream mix into this plastic container little by little, using the warm mixture to melt the white chocolate. After melting of the chocolate cover the plastic container with a lid.
- Cool down the ice cream mix in the refrigerator, let the mix stand for minimum 4 hours or night over.
- Whip the ice cream mix prior to freezing it.
- Pour the mix into the ice cream machine and freeze it into ice cream, which takes around 30-40 minutes.
- After freezing of the ice cream, stir in the cherry and it´s mixture.
- Store the ice cream in the freezer.
- Serve the ice cream with a cherry in syrup.