During my busy pumpkin week-end in my kitchen I also baked some muffin with grated pumpkin inside.
I was daring enough to bring these muffins with me to work, so they could donate a small sum of money, when they enjoy these muffins for their afternoon coffee. The donation of 177 DKK was afterwards forwarded to A Race Against Breast Cancer.
The texture of these muffins is quiet wet due to all the pumpkin meat, so it quiet tricky to bake them enough without over baking them. They do not raise a lot during the baking, which I think again is due to the high amount of pumpkin meat. So another time I would decrease the amount of pumpkin meat from 500 g to 250 g.
Pumpkin muffin with apple and walnut: - 35 muffins
- 500 g pumpkin meat - roughly grated
- 200 g walnuts - roughly chopped
- 2 apples - roughly grated
- 5 eggs
- 300 g sugar
- 1 vanilla pod - only the vanilla corn
- 3 dl rapeseed oil
- 2 dl milk
- 400 g (cake) wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of muscat nut
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon all specie
- pinch of cardamon
- Heat up the fan oven to 170'C.
- Add grated apple and pumpkin and chopped walnuts into a large mixing bowl.
- Add egg, milk, rapeseed oil, sugar and vanilla corn together in another mixing bowl, and whip it together.
- Add flour, baking powder and all the different spices together in a third mixing bowl. Stir everything together.
- Stir in the liquid phase into the apple, pumpkina and walnut mass. Afterwards stir in the flour mix and stir everything well together.
- Fill the dough into muffin forms.
- Bake the muffins at 170'C (fan oven) for 20 minutes.
- Cool down the muffins.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.