Also during this kitchen week.end with focus on pumpkin I made this pumpkin-pear jam using a recipe from the weekly magazine Søndag (issue 36/2016) with various modifications as such as adding water for the boiling process and some natural gelling agent in form of pectin.
The taste of this jam is not very fruity or sweet.
Pumpkin-pear jam: - 10 glasses
- 500 g pumpkin meat - roughly grated
- 500 g pear without peel - roughly grated
- 450 ml water
- 18 g pectin
- 1 vanilla pod - only the vanilla corn
- 500 g sugar
- 2 teaspoons apple vinegar
- Add the roughly grated pumpkin meat and pear into a medium-big cooking pot together with water.
- Bring the fruit-vegetable mass to the boil, and let it simmer gently for 15 minutes under lid.
- Blend the pumpkin-pear mass together, when it is soft.
- Dry-mix the pectin with 50 of the sugar, and add it to the mass, while stirring.
- Let the mass cook gently for another 5 minutes.
- Prepare the glasses by adding boiling water to them.
- Disperse the vanilla corn with 3 teaspoons of the sugar to break up the mass of vanilla corn.
- Stir in the vanilla corn and rest of sugar.
- Adjust the taste of the jam with addition of apple vinegar or lemon juice.
- Bring the jam to boil again for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the jam in the jam glasses.
- Store the jam cold.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.