This recipe on pasta with bacon, capers and olive I felt upon in the weekly magazine Søndag (issue 09/2016). I only made on tiny modification, as I used green olives instead of black olives, as I had a glass with green olives available in my kitchen.
Yes, it take a little more time to make your pasta sauce, but the taste is just so much great and it is actually cheaper to make your own pasta sauce compared to buy it in the super market.
Another great sauce for pasta is this tomato sauce from fresh tomatoes.
Pasta sauce with bacon, capers and olives: - 2 servings
- 12 green olives - medium chopped without the stones
- 150 g smoked bacon in squares
- 400 g canned tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon of sugar
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 tablespoon of capers
- 1-2 teaspoons of lemon zest
- freshly boiled pasta
- Fry the bacon on a dry pan. Fry the bacon golden and crispy. After frying let the bacon drip on kitchen towel.
- Add the canned tomatoes, garlic and olives into a cooking pot together with sugar and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Let the tomatoes sauce cook gently for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix the freshly boiled pasta together with tomato sauce, crispy bacon, capers, parsley and lemon zest.
- Enjoy :-)