April 02, 2016

Tenderloin pot with plenty of vegetables


I typical serve a weekly dinner for my mother mostly on Sunday, but tomorrow evening is busy with something else, I served the weekly dinner this evening. The main course of today was a tenderloin pot with plenty of vegetable served together with mashed potatoes and parsley roots.

Most times my mother can walk home with some left overs for easy senior dinners in the upcoming days.

The recipe on the tenderloin pot with plenty of vegetable I found in the weekly magazine Søndag (issue 11/2016). The only modification is, that the amount of pork tenderloin was reduced from 2 tenderloins to 1 tenderloin, as I could not buy 2 tenderloins, when I was doing my grocery shopping.

Tenderloin pot with plenty of vegetables: - 4 servings

  • 1 pork tenderloin - trimmed and sliced
  • 1 onion - medium chopped
  • 2 carrots - medium chopped
  • 250 g mushrooms - sliced
  • 3 leeks - sliced
  • 25 g butter
  • 4 dl vegetable stock
  • 400 g canned tomatoes
  • salt & pepper for seasoning
  • served together with either mashed potatoes or rice
  1. Heat up the butter in a cooking pot.
  2. Fry the tenderloin pieces and chopped onion.
  3. Add in carrots, leeks and mushrooms and fry it together with the meat for 5 minutes.
  4. Add the vegetable stock and canned tomatoes and let the dish simmer for 15-20 minutes.
  5. Season with salt and pepper.
  6. Meanwhile make the mashed potatoes or cook the rice.
  7. Serve the tenderloin cot with mashed potatoes or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...