I have located this recipe on banana bread shared by hotel "Rye 115" in the travelling section from my local new paper. The only modification, which I have done, is that I exchanged the dark chocolate with milk chocolate.
I also reduced the amount of vanilla powder from 2 tablespoons to 2 teaspoons. Perhaps you are you using vanilla sugar, it could be, that you should use 2 tablespoons.
You can regular to check the cake during the baking, as the indicated 42 minutes at 170'C is not enough at all in my oven. Here I had to bake for 60-70 minutes at 170'C. So, keep an open eye, if you bake this cake.
Banana bread a la "Rye 115": - 1 cake
- 100 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250 g (cake) wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dl rape seed oil or sun flower oil
- 4 matured bananas - peeled and mashed
- 100 g milk chocolate - medium chopped
- Heat up the oven to 170'C.
- Whip the eggs and sugar together for 10 minutes. I used by stand alone mixer for this purpose, so I did not have holding a hand mixer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the wheat flour, baking powder, vanilla powder, salt and oil. And whip until homogenous.
- Add in the mashed bananas and whip again.
- Finally add in the chocolate, and whip again for a short time or stir in the chopped chocolate by hand.
- Fill the cake dough in a bread form.
- Bake the cake at 170'C in middle/upper part of the oven.
- Check regular during the baking, if the cake is baked.
- Bake at 170'C for 45-70 minutes.
- Cold down the cake prior to serving.