Marzipan orange cakes. As I still have a marzipan left from Christmas, I decided to make a new portion of these cakes, but this time with a smaller twist to it. In one of the local ethnic fruit and vegetable shops I found a bottle of orange flower extract. So I decided to add some of this extract to the marzipan orange cakes.
Uuhmmm :-)))The orange flower extract gives a very nice twist to wonderful marzipan cakes. Lets see how long the shelf-life will be for this new portion of marzipan orange cakes ??? I have to question if, they will last for one month.
Marzipan orange cakes with orange flower - 40 pieces
- 500 g marzipan
- 225 g icing sugar
- 1 egg white
- peel from organic orange
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange flower extract
- 40 hazelnuts
- Heat the oven to 200'C
- Knead all the ingredients together with your hands.
- Use teaspoons for placing the marzipan mass on baking paper as small tops. I never use silicone baking paper, when I am baking marzipan, as it quiet tricky to get the marzipan off after baking.
- Place a hazelnut kernel in each marzipan top.
- Bake in the middle of the oven at 200'C for 10 minutes.