Egg plant is a regular guest in my weekly vegetable box. I am not a big fan of egg plant, however I have come across a recipe, which I have made certain adjustments to, and now I eat my egg plant with great pleasure :-)) And any leftovers I will put into the freezer for easy food on working days.
Stuffed egg plant - serves 2 persons
- 2 egg plant
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 150 g onion
- 1 cloves of garlic
- 400 g tomato
- 2 tablespoon tomato concentrate
- ½ chili
- ½ tablespoon oregano, fresh
- 1 teaspoon thyme, fresh
- 1 tablespoon basil, fresh
- 250 g spinach - frozen or fresh
- 80-100 g spreadable goat cheese
- 50 g grated Cheddar
- Cut the egg plant into halves and sprinkle them with salt. Let them salt for 1 hour.
- Bake the egg plant for 200'C for 15 minutes.
- Remove the "meat" from the egg plant and mince it.
- Fry the onion on a pan without using oil.
- Cut the tomatoes and chili into small pieces
- Add the spinach to the pan and let it defrost
- Add the goat in the vegetable mix and stir until it is melted.
- Fill the egg plan with this vegetable filling.
- If you have any filling leftover, fill other oven stable form with it
- Top up the stuffed egg plant with grated Cheddar cheese
- Bake in the middle of the oven at 220'C for 15 minutes
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.