The knitting process of this Sunday Tee has proven to be something of a challenge. First I started out with the Summer knit box from Önling, where I found the colour to be too dark for a Summer blouse.
"Rigeligt med smør" quote br. Price translates into "Plenty of butter" OR "I prefer Thise organic butter" quote Hannibal the Cat
- Who is Kiki
- Who is Hannibal the Cat
- Why this blog ?
- Cooking books in my kitchen
- Recipe overview
- Tea for my teapot
- Metallic tins
- "Hjemmebagt" status on accomplished recipes
- "Det æltefri grydebrød" status accomplished recipes
- Vejle by Picture
- Gin in my bar
- Strikked klude fra A til Ø
August 30, 2020
Sunday Tee - first progress
August 29, 2020
Shopping during Summer vacation in August
I have been away again on Summer vacation here in August. This time I have been on vacation in the area of Limfjorden (the Northern part of Jutland). This time I was driving in my car, so therefore I could bring more heavy items and more clothing compared to my my Summer vacation in July. Besides from various shopping of clothing in the towns of Lemvig, Løgstør, Nykøbing Mors and Thisted I did also bring the following items back with me.
August 21, 2020
Cocktail - Strawberry Noir
- 4 cl gin
- 4 cl Big Farm Boys strawberry cocktail syrup
- 1-2 cl egg white (pasteurised)
- ice cubes
- 4 cl soda water (Gassosa from Galvanina)
- black pepper - freshly grounded
- Pour the gin, strawberry syrup, egg whites and ice cubes into a shaker.
- Shake well.
- Pour the content from the shaker through a strainer into a cocktail glass.
- Add 1-2 ice cubes together with soda water.
- Cheers and enjoy :-)
August 19, 2020
Sunday Tee - yarn for new knitting project
August 18, 2020
Carrot cake with almond flour
I have located this recipe on carrot cake with almond flour in the weekly magazine "Søndag". I did not made any changes to this recipe. Another time I think I would like to use a spice combination of cinnamon, nutmeg and perhaps cloves or ginger.
I decided not made the cream cheese topping in order to get a longer shelf-life of the cake together with the fact, that without the cream cheese topping there is no need for storing the cake in the refrigerator.
There is not used any type of cereal flour inside this cake. The "flour" part is grounded almond. Also no addition of sucrose is done, as the sweetness is coming from the use of marble syrup and raisin. So, a marketing person could easily decided to label this cake as "gluten-free and no sucrose added carrot cake" !!! I am happy to the use of butter instead of sunflower oil, so the term "lactose-free and dairy-free" is not option, so my dairy loving heart is happy :-)
Carrot cake with almond cake:- 1 cake
- 3 eggs - divided into egg yolk & egg white
- 100 g carrots - peeled and medium grated
- 4 tablespoon marble syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 50 g butter - melted
- 75 g walnuts - medium chopped
- 150 g almonds - grounded into flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dl raisins
- Heat up the oven to 175'C.
- Divide the egg into egg yolk & egg white in individual mixing bowls.
- Add grated carrots, marble syrup, lemon juice, cinnamon & vanilla sugar into the mixing bowl with the egg yolks, and stir well.
- Add in the melted butter and stir well.
- Add in the chopped walnuts, almond flour, raisins & baking powder into the cake mixture and stir well.
- Whip the egg whites into a stiff foam.
- Gentle add the whipped egg white little & little into the cake mixture, gentle folding, so no vigorously stirring.
- Fill the cake dough into a spring form with diameter of 22 cm.
- Place the cake in the middle part of the oven at 175'C.
- Bake at 40-50 minutes at 175'C.
- Check, that the cake is baked, before removing it from the oven.
- Cold the cake, before you slice it.
- Serve with a cup of coffee/ tea.
August 15, 2020
Anker Summer Tee - ready - steady - wear
After my Summer break (where I had yarn from Önling Summer knit box with me on my bus & train travel around Jutland), it was been time again to finish of my knitting on Anker Tee. With the present Summer weather there is plenty of opportunities to use this Summer Tee. As yarn I have used the yarn Line from Sandnes Garn , which is 53% cotton, 33% vicose & 14% linen, so I hope I can use this tee quiet some time into Autumn.
Of yarn I used 8 x 50 g, so the tee has costed me 296 DKK for the yarn and 40 DKK for the knit recipe or a total of 336 DKK (44 €).
I have already started on my next project knitting Sunday Tee by Petiteknit using some of the yarn, which I brought on my first Summer vacation.
August 14, 2020
Gin with elder flower syrup
- 6 cl plain gin
- 6 cl Big Farm Boys elder flower syrup
- ice cubes
- 12 cl Galvanina limonata lemon soda
- Shake the gin, elder flower syrup and ice cubes together in shaker.
- Pour it into a high ball glass.
- Pour lemon soda on top.
- Cheers & enjoy :-)
August 09, 2020
Shopping during Summer vacation
August 02, 2020
Pirog in Summer style
After having made this pirog with rice & tomato I decided it could be fun to make this pirog in more of a Summer style. The Summer style was for me a combination of tomato, pepper fruit & pea together with ham, cheese & eggs.
Any leftovers of this pirog can be re-heated in the microwave oven or serve cold in your lunch pack.
Pirog in Summer style: - 4 servings
- 50 g butter
- 125 ml water
- 15 g fresh yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 250 g wheat flour
- Rice filling:
- 15-20 g butter
- 4-6 spring onions - medium chopped
- 1 green pepper fruit - medium shopped
- ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 2 dl rice
- 4 dl vegetable stock
- Extra addition into the rice filling after boiling:
- 90-100 g cooked and smoked ham - medium chopped
- 2 eggs
- 50-70 g grated cheese - I used Cheddar
- 6 cocktail tomatoes - cut into 4 for each tomato
- 1½ dl peas
- 1 egg/egg wash for glazing of the dough
- Add all the ingredients to the dough into the mixing bowl of the stand-alone mixer. Keep the yeast and salt away from each other.
- Knead the dough ingredients together at speed 2 for 6-8 minutes.
- Afterwards increase the speed to 4, knead for 2 minutes. Check the consistency of the dough. If it is not OK, when knead it at speed 4 for another 2 minutes. Again check the consistency. If needed, knead again for 1 minute and when check consistency of the dough.
- Let the dough raise in the mixing bowl covered by a tea towel for approx 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling for the pirog.
- Fry the spring onion and pepper fruit in the melted butter in the medium size cooking pot for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in paprika, turmeric and rice, and let it fry for 2 minutes.
- Add in the vegetable stock, bring the rice filling to the boil.
- Let the rice simmer gently boil for approx. 20 minutes.
- Remove the cooking pot from the heat.
- Heat up the oven (conventional) to 200'C.
- Roll out the dough on a piece of baking parchment in the size of 40x50 cm.
- Place the rolled out dough with baking parchment on a baking tray.
- Add in ham, cheese, eggs, tomatoes and peas into the boiled rice.
- Add the pirog filling on one part of the dough.
- Cover the pirog filling by the other part of the dough.
- Press the end of dough firmly together. I use a fork to do this.
- Glazing the surface of the dough with egg wash.
- Bake the pirog in the middle of the oven at 200'C for approx 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.
August 01, 2020
Yarn shopping during the Summer sale
Besides from sunny and warmer weather Summer time also bring Summer sale around. And here I have been to locate several good offerings on yarn, so I also have some knit projects to look forward for use in Autumn/Winter.
As knitting takes more time, before the final result is ready for use. On top of that I also have to take into account, that I can run into, that I have to do some re-knitting, is the size is too short/big etc, when it is good already now to consider, what to knit for the approaching Autumn/Winter season.
A new knitting project can be everything from small project like dish cloths. For dish cloths I located an offer at Krea deluxe on a selection on cotton with 20% discount. My plan is to use this cotton for knitting of dish cloth testing out recipes from "Vores ynglingsklude".
I have also located this big Summer knit box from Önling, which contains yarn for two knit project and three free Önling knit recipes. One yarn is the Önling yarn No 12 (cotton & linen ) in the colour of light blue and Önling yarn No 14 (cotton & wool)in the colour of blackcurrant sorbet.
Yarn Living yarn living I have located an offering in the yarn Drops Melody, which I plan turn into a sweater called Moroccan Market Muse, which I think will fit great to a colder Autumn/Winter season.
Novice cardigan - mohair edition by PetiteKnit in Mayflower Super Kid Silk in the colour called "Grønne Enge" (green meadows). Again located at Yarn Living.
I have this recipe on Petra created by Filcolana, where I have located the entire yarn mixture of 5 different yarn at Lisbjerg Garn. Petra is a sweater in fantastic colour mixture of red and pink.
Another colourful design by Filcolana is the a cardigan called Pixi. And here I have brought the yarn at Garnværkstedet.I will knit the yarn in colour mixture of green, orange and yellow, so again a creating in my colours.