Finally I have found a recipe, which I actual like using the cabbage, which I get on a very regular basis in my weekly vegetable box. Normally I have used the cabbage in salad together with goat cheese, walnuts, tomatoes and a dressing of apple vinegar or pomegranate balcamico.
So this pie I have now being making and baking for a couple of times. And I have been using it for easy evening meals, in lunch boxes going with me to work or going rowing.
Cabbage pie with curry - serves 4
Ready-to-use pie dough
- 100 g Emmentaler cheese
- Heat the oven to 200'C
- Cut the cabbage into small pieces.
- Fry the curry in the oil for a good strong curry taste
- Fry the cabbage in the curry oil until it "falls down"
- Place the pie dough in the pie form
- Fill the cabbage into the pie form
- Whip eggs and milk together
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add this filling into the pie form on top of the cabbage
- Top up with the Emmentaler cheese