May 30, 2011

Cauliflower pie with goat cheese



Cauliflower is NOT one of my favourite vegetable, so I am always on the outlook for recipes, where I can use cauliflower, when I am unluckily to get cauliflower in my weekly vegetable box. This time I tried a modification recommended in the weekly newsletter from Årstiderne for week 31/2010 Årstiderne's weekly newsletter 31/2010 on the broccoli pie with goat cheese using cauliflower instead of broccoli.

Compared to the last time, when I made this pie with broccoli certain modification was applied. I increased the amount of goat cheese from 100 g to 150 g, which still did not give me and my taste buds enough goat cheese flavour.

Honestly, this recipe is NOT going to one of my favourite. Yes, I will eat the pie, but I will NOT make it again !!!!!!!!

I also increased the oven temperature from 175'C to 200'C, and this worked perfect for the pie in my oven.
And YES I did decided to crawl under the fence, where it has it's highest point = I did not make the pie dough myself, I used a commercial ready-to-use pie dough !!!!! And I feel OK doing so, as the alternative for me was not to make this pie at all !!!!!

Cauliflower pie with goat cheese - serves 4

Pie dough:
  • 100 g rough spelt flour
  • 150 g wheat flour
  • 125 g butter
  • 1-2 tablespoons water

Cauliflower filling:
  • 1 broccoli
  • 5 eggs
  • 1½ dl milk
  • 4 tomatoes
  • 150 g goat cheese
  • salt & pepper
  1. Add the flour to a mixing bowl.
  2. Cut the butter into small squares and add it to the flour
  3. Mix butter and flour together to a homogeneous mass
  4. Add the water and knead the pie dough together
  5. Let it rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator OR just use a ready-to-use pie dough from the supermarket.
  6. Roll the pie dough into a shape fitting with the pie form and fit the dough in this form
  7. Cover the pie dough with baking paper and put pie weights on top
  8. Bake at 200'C for 20 minutes
  9. Meanwhile make the pie filling
  10. Cut the cauliflower into small bouquets
  11. Heat water to the boiling point, add the cauliflower and cook it for 1 minute and drain away the water
  12. Whip eggs and milk together
  13. Add cauliflower and goat cheese (cut into smaller pieces)
  14. Season with salt and pepper
  15. Add this filling into the pie form with the baked pie dough
  16. Slice the tomatoes and cover the pie with these tomato slices
  17. Bake the pie at 200'C for 30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...