I have found this fantastic recipe on rhubarb tiramisu out here in blog country on a blog called "Life of la Tascha" rabarbertiramisu med hindbær. And I have the recipe as it is without making any modification to it.
As rhubarb cordial and rhubarb I have used my own home-made rhubarb cordial a la Årstiderne. I did not mix the rhubarb cordial with water, before using it.
As I was having guests coming in for a birthday coffee, the rhubarb tiramisu did not get all the time needed for resting between preparation process and the actual eating process, so the structure was not firm enough, but the taste was just great. It had around three hours of resting time, I believe it would need four-five hours instead of.
- 10 lady fingers
- 2-3 dl rhubarb cordial
- 3 pasteurised egg yolks
- 1 dl sugar
- 250 g mascarpone
- 2 dl whipping cream - 38% fat
- 150 raspberries - fresh or frozen
- 50 g icing sugar
- juice of ½ lemon
- Place the lady fingers in the serving dish.
- Pour rhubarb cordial over them.
- Whip the egg yolks with the sugar into foam.
- Add the mascarpone into this, I used an electric whipper, so the mass became homogeneous
- Whip the whipping cream to foam, not too stiff
- Mix the whipping cream and mascarpone-egg cream together.
- Cover the lady fingers with the cream
- Add the rhubarb compote on top of the cream
- Finally cover the rhubarb compote with the rest of the cream
- Store the rhubarb tiramisu in the refrigerator
- Let it rest for 4-5 hours before eating it, so it has time to firm up.
- Meanwhile make the raspberry sauce.
- Blend the raspberries (defrosted the raspberries in the microwave oven, if you use frozen raspberries).
- Mix icing sugar and the lemon juice with the blended raspberries
- Use the raspberry sauce as topping on the rhubarb tiramisu to get some colour.
- Eat and enjoy, uuuhhhhmmmmm :-)