Ready to take a bit of this cookie ?
I just loved home-made American style cookies !!!! I prefer my cookies to soft and chewy, and have less of a preference for over-baked and dry cookies.
I found this recipe some years ago in a Danish magazine called Isabella. I cutted it out of the magazine and limed it into my private personalised cooking book.
Cookies with raisin and nuts a la Isabella: 18 cookies
- 150 g butter - soft
- 150 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 200 g flour (cake flour)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 g almonds or hazelnuts - minced
- 200 g raisins
- Heat the oven to 200'C
- Whip butter, sugar and egg together using an electric whipper
- Add vanilla sugar and baking powder and whip
- Add flour ans whip
- Ground the nuts
- Whip in the raisins and minced nuts
- Use two spoons to place the cookie dough on the baking tray covered in baking paper. Keep a good distance between the individual cookies.
- Bake in the oven at 200'C for 12-15 minutes
- Cool down before serving
- Taste and say uuuuhhhhmmmm :-)