Finally I have found a recipe, which I actual like using the cabbage, which I get on a very regular basis in my weekly vegetable box. Normally I have used the cabbage in salad together with goat cheese, walnuts, tomatoes and a dressing of apple vinegar or pomegranate balcamico.
So this pie I have now being making and baking for a couple of times. And I have been using it for easy evening meals, in lunch boxes going with me to work or going rowing.
This pie is another modification recommended in the weekly newsletter from Årstiderne for week 31/2010 Årstiderne's weekly newsletter 31/2010 on the broccoli pie with goat cheese. The first modification is using using cauliflower together with goat cheesein the cauliflower pie with goat cheese
I decided to use ready-to-use pie dough in combination with baking the pie in one go, so NO pre-baking of the pie dough this time !!!! And it is giving a very good result comparing to the pre-baking of the ready-to-use dough, which I did, while making the cauliflower pie.
Cabbage pie with curry - serves 4
Ready-to-use pie dough
- 1 cabbage
- 2 teaspoons of strong curry - I like a good strong taste of curry
- oil for frying
- 5 eggs
- 1½ dl milk
- 100 g Emmentaler cheese
- salt & pepper
- Heat the oven to 200'C
- Cut the cabbage into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the curry in the oil for a good strong curry taste
- Fry the cabbage in the curry oil until it "falls down"
- Place the pie dough in the pie form
- Fill the cabbage into the pie form
- Whip eggs and milk together
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add this filling into the pie form on top of the cabbage
- Top up with the Emmentaler cheese
- Bake the pie at 200'C for 30 minutes until the egg filling is stiff
Uhm, det kunne jeg godt fristes til at lave :-)ReplyDelete