I continue to make soup during the colder days here in Denmark. This time is rich & thick Winter soup with plenty of Winter season vegetable insides. After seeing the texture, I think you can easily add in another ½ l of vegetable stock.
I used this recipe for my version vintersuppe by Carrotstick. I reduced the amount of chili, did not added in the thyme and increase the amount of dairy whipping cream to use up the entire portion.
Rich Winter soup: - 4 servings
- 20-25 g butter
- 2 leaks - medium sliced
- 1 chili - de-seeded and finely chopped
- 2 parsnips - peeled and medium chopped
- 2 apples - medium chopped apple boats
- 1 kg potatoes - peeled and medium chopped
- 1/4 celleriac
- 1 l vegetable stock
- 2½ dl dairy whipping cream, 30-38% fat
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- Melt the butter, let it not turn brown.
- Fry the leaks and chili in the butter for 2 minutes.
- Add in the remained chopped vegetables & apple, let it fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add in the vegetable stock, bring the soup to a gentle simmer.
- Let the soup simmer gentle under a lid for 30 minutes.
- Stir from time to time.
- Check that the vegetable are soft prior to blending.
- Blend the soup.
- Pour in the dairy whipping cream.
- Season with salt & pepper
- Bring the soup to the boil.
- Serve & enjoy :-)