I have been twisting this recipe on The Potato Soup by adding in some parsnips, as I had some left over of parsnips after making this pumpkin soup with parsnips and potato. I also decided to boost the serving by adding in some fried bacon.
This soup is another simple soup to make. The original potato soup has been one of my favourite recipe for close to 40 years !!!
- 5o0 g potato - peeled and rough chopped
- 2 onions - peeled an roughly chopped
- 2 clove of garlic - peeled and srughy chopped
- Vegetable stock extract for 2 l
- 1.75 l water
- 2½ dl full-fat cream (38% fat)
- salt & pepper
- Bacon - optional
- Peel the potatoes, parsnips, onion and garlic. Cut those into smaller pieces.
- Meanwhile roughly chopped the bacon and fry it.
- Boil the vegetables in 1 l water with the broth extract, until the potato and parsnips are soft (15-20 minutes)
- Blend everything to a homogeneous mass without vegetable lumps
- Add the rest of the water (7½ dl) and the cream (2½ dl). Cook up to the boiling point
- Season with salt and pepper
- Serve with bread and roasted bacon