This is the sixth recipe in just as many days with focus on PLUMS.
I found this recipe here in the Isabella's Countryliv issue 5/2012, and as it a combination of plums and liquorice, I found it to be a recipe to be tested out in my little kitchen during my plum "cook-out" session last week, where I turned "tons" of plums into many different things.
Pickled plums in liquorice a la Isabella's Countryliv:
- 500 g plums - cleans, stone removed and diced
- 100 g water
- 100 g dark Muscovadosugar
- ½ teaspoon raw liquorice powder
- Potassium sorbat - optional
- Add water, Muscovadosugar and liquorice powder to a cooking pot and bring it to the boiling point.
- Lets the plums boil in the sugar syrup for 10 minutes.
- Add boiling water to the storage glass.
- Empty the glass for the hot water.
- Pour plums and sugar syrup into the storage glass.
- Serve these pickled plums together with cheese - firm dry cheese types.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.