"Rigeligt med smør" quote br. Price translates into "Plenty of butter" OR "I prefer Thise organic butter" quote Hannibal the Cat
- Who is Kiki
- Who is Hannibal the Cat
- Why this blog ?
- Cooking books in my kitchen
- Recipe overview
- Tea for my teapot
- Metallic tins
- "Hjemmebagt" status on accomplished recipes
- "Det æltefri grydebrød" status accomplished recipes
- Vejle by Picture
- Gin in my bar
- Strikked klude fra A til Ø
July 30, 2020
New Summer knitting projects from Önling
As part of my Summer vacation I have brought this big Summer knit box from Önling, which contains yarn for two knit project and three free Önling knit recipes. One yarn is the Önling yarn No 12 (cotton & linen ) in the colour of light blue and Önling yarn No 14 (cotton & wool)in the colour of blackcurrant sorbet.
For my first part of Summer vacation I have taken the cotton-wool yarn with me in the back-pack, as it does not fill so much. My plan is use this yarn to knit Sunday Tee.
July 28, 2020
Anker Tee - first progress
I have made some great progress on my new knitting project on Anker Summer Tee. I do regular fitting the knitting process in order to avoid too big portion of re-kntting due to too big/small size of the knitting project.
I have knitting the upper part of Anker Summer Tee, placing the arm part on rest, so now I have started to knit the medium-lower part of the blouse.
However, I have just putted this knitting project on hold, as I have just started the first part of my Summer vacation this week, so here I have brought yarn for two new knitting project again with focus on Summer items. And I will bring one of the these items with me on vacation.
July 26, 2020
Lunch at Hjerl Hede
Last week-end I visit Hjerl Hede, which is open air museum with old building from the Danish country side together with friend back from high school.
Besides from visiting the various old farm building we also had a great lunch at Restaurant Skyttegaard, where I enjoyed a lunch plate with four smaller serving of pickled herrings, fish cake, open sandwich with potato and scrimps and finally a tartelet with asparagus & chicken.
The most important building for me to visit was the old dairy from the island of Mandø to see the old eqiupment.
Besides from the old dairy you could also visit old trade shop, such as the bakery or the grocery shop. Both these shops were selling freshly baked bread and various types of candy.
July 23, 2020
"Vores Ynglingsklude" - Knitting book
I have located this knitting recipe book
I have another knitting book with focus on home-made dish cloths. The name of the book is "Vores yndlingsklude" (Our favourite dish cloths), and it contains 20 recipes on dish clots. The book is written Katrine Hannibal & Signe Kamper Kankelborg. I brought the book at my "local garn pusher" (Garn i skovhytten).
This is my second book on knitted dish clots, as I already have this book called "Strikked klude A-Ø". From this bookI have already knitted a couple of dish cloths.
July 21, 2020
Anker Summer Tee - ready steady knit
After having finished the knitting of Kumulus Tee I have located another recipe on a Summer blouse at PetiteKnit in form Anker Summer Tee, so I can use some more of the yarn, which I have brought during the on-going corona crisis.
I will use the yarn Line from Sandnes Garn in the colour of rhubarb colour, well the colour is called rosa by Sandnes. The Line yarn is made from 53% cotton, 33% vicose & 14% linen.
I have spend 370 DKK for the yarn and 40 DKK for the knit recipe or a total of 410 DKK (54 €).
July 20, 2020
Kumulus Tee - ready to use
I started knitting on my version of Kumulus Tee mid June. As yarn I used a combination of manddyed raw silk from Garnudsalg and a follow thread of pink Blackhill mulberry silk from Garnudsalg (a yarn used normally for embroidery).
Again after some re-knitting I finally did the last knitting and sewing the end this evening, so now I am ready to style this blouse together with my rosa Summer trousers :-)
The raw silk has a off-white colour, while the embroidery follow thread has the colour of pink, so the final colour is kind of peach-pink in it.
I have not used all the yarn, so I had purchased for this Summer blouse. So instead of using 595 DKK on yarn, I have used 342 DKK on the yarn and 40 DKK on the knit recipe, so a total of 382 DKK (51
July 17, 2020
Kumulus Tee - getting started on the arms
After a good start on Kumulus Tee I ran into some problems/challenges with the size of the lower part of the body. I was more or less ready to finish off the body part of the blouse, so I decided to try it on to see the length. The trying showed, that the blouse was too big in width, so I had to thread up the majority of the blouse length up to the neck part of the blouse. And when knit downwards again in size two sizes smaller.
Now both the width and length fit my body and I, so I have closed of the body part of the blouse with an i-cord- closing. Therefore, I am now able to start the knitting process of the arms :-)
July 14, 2020
Pirog with rice, ham, cheese, egg, mushroom and tomato
For a rainy and windy Summer evening I decided to twist this recipe on pirog with rice, ham, cheese, egg and mushrooms with addition of cocktail tomatoes.
Any leftovers of this pirog can be re-heated in the microwave oven or serve cold in your lunch pack.
I am in the thinking box in relation to make a more Summer version of this pirog along the line of tomatoes, pea, corn or asparagus.
Pirog with rice, ham, cheese, egg, mushrooms and tomatoes: - 4 servings
- 50 g butter
- 125 ml water
- 15 g fresh yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 250 g wheat flour
- Rice filling:
- 15-20 g butter
- 1 onion - medium chopped
- 1 clove of garlic - finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 2 dl rice
- 4 dl vegetable stock
- Extra addition into the rice filling after boiling:
- 90-100 g cooked and smoked ham - medium chopped
- 2 eggs
- 50 g grated cheese - I used Cheddar
- 1 glass of mushrooms
- 6-8 cocktail tomatoes - cut into 4 for each tomato
- 1 egg/egg wash for glazing of the dough
- Add all the ingredients to the dough into the mixing bowl of the stand-alone mixer. Keep the yeast and salt away from each other.
- Knead the dough ingredients together at speed 2 for 6-8 minutes.
- Afterwards increase the speed to 4, knead for 2 minutes. Check the consistency of the dough. If it is not OK, when knead it at speed 4 for another 2 minutes. Again check the consistency. If needed, knead again for 1 minute and when check consistency of the dough.
- Let the dough raise in the mixing bowl covered by a tea towel for approx 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling for the pirog.
- Fry the onion and garlic in the melted butter in the medium size cooking pot for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in paprika, turmeric and rice, and let it fry for 2 minutes.
- Add in the vegetable stock, bring the rice filling to the boil.
- Let the rice simmer gently boil for approx. 20 minutes.
- Remove the cooking pot from the heat.
- Heat up the oven (conventional) to 200'C.
- Roll out the dough on a piece of baking parchment in the size of 40x50 cm.
- Place the rolled out dough with baking parchment on a baking tray.
- Add in ham, cheese, eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms into the boiled rice.
- Add the pirog filling on one part of the dough.
- Cover the pirog filling by the other part of the dough.
- Press the end of dough firmly together. I use a fork to do this.
- Glazing the surface of the dough with egg wash.
- Bake the pirog in the middle of the oven at 200'C for approx 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.
July 08, 2020
Little green Mor vase
During a recent cultural and shopping tour to Holstebro, I found another little vase "mor vase" (Mother vase" by Anna Lund at Holstebro museum. The vase cost 189 DKK (25 €), and it quiet tiny with a height of approx 5 cm.
It is the second Mor vase, which I now have in my vase collection.
July 02, 2020
Kumulus Tee - first progress
I have already had a good start on this Kumulus Tee, where I brought the yarn during this period of corona crisis. The knit tee is knitted top-down, so you start from the neck part.
On every second row more knitting masks are added on. So fare I am knitting forward and backward, so I am looking forward to knit round and round on circular knitting needle.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)