November 11, 2018

Baked tomato soup


In my last weekly vegetable box from Årstidernes I got, what seamed like tons of tomatoes as well as some red pepper fruits. Where were so many tomatoes, that it would not be possible for me to eat through all these tomatoes within reasonable time. So I could either make a new portion of tomato, garlic & chiili jam or find a recipe on tomato soup using fresh tomatoes.

Here I located such as recipe in form of tomatsuppe a la Femina. I have made a few modifications. As I had no fresh basil, I did not use it. And instead of only using balsamico I used a combination of balsamico and raspberry vinegar. I also decided to add in the two red pepper fruits from the weekly vegetable box, as I already been shopping pepper fruit from the supermarket.
And finally instead of using only cherry tomatoes I used a combination of normal big tomatoes and cherry tomatoes. It is a question of using, what you have available in your kitchen.

UPDATE 13 November:
According to my mother this tomato soup taste much better than the Mou's tomato soup :-) My mother is a regular user of the various frozen soup from Mou.

Baked tomato soup a la Femina: - 4 servings
  • 1000 g fresh tomatoes - washed and divided into medium chuncks
  • 1 onion - finely chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
  • 3 tablespoons of olive oil
  • 2 red pepper fruit - washed, de-seeded and medium chopped
  • season with salt & pepper
  • 1½ tablespoon balsamico
  • ½ tablespoon raspberry vinegar
  • 3 dl vegetable stock
  • 70 g tomato concentrate
  1. Add the tomato chuncks, pepper fruit pieces, onion and garlic into the large oven-stable traying.
  2. Drizzle over the oilve oil and season with salt & pepper. Stir everything together.
  3. Baked the tamato mix in oven at 200'C (fan oven).
  4. Bake for 20 minutes.
  5. Add in the balsamico and raspberry vinegar, stir everything around.
  6. Bake for another 10 minutes at 200'C.
  7. Meanwhile pour the vegetable stock and tomato concentrate into a cooking pan.
  8. After 30 minutes baking in the oven, fill the tomato mix into the cooking pan.
  9. Blend everything together.
  10. Bring the soup to the boil.
  11. The soup can be served with boiled pasta, boiled rice, fried bacon and/or bread.
  12. Enjoy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...