It is time for a cocktail to celebrate it is week-end and at the same time it is great opportunity to use my newly acquired cocktail equipment (mixing jug & cocktail set). I decided to make raspberry daiquiri using this recipe from Cookie & Kate as starting point.
Raspberry Daiquiri: - 2 cocktails
- 20 fresh raspberries
- 5 cl orange liqueur
- 15 cl white rum
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 2 limes - only the juice
- For the rim: lime wedge & sugar
- Start by preparing the cocktail glasses by running the lime wedge around the rim of the cocktail glass. Dip the top of the cocktail glass into a plate sprinkle with sugar.
- In a mixing jug press the raspberries with lime juice and sugar together.
- Stir in the orange liqueur and rum, and add in ice cubes.
- Stir well together.
- Pour the cocktail through a sieve into order to remove the raspberry seeds. Pour the cocktail into two cocktail glasses.
- Place one-two ice cubes into the cocktail glasses to keep the temperature low.
- Cheer and happy week-end :-)