February 16, 2014

Soup with cauliflower and potatoes


Whenever I get cauliflower in my weekly vegetable box I am always thinking how to use this "stupid" vegetable !!! Cauliflower is not on my list over favourite vegetable at all. Most times I decided to make soup "get ride" of the "stupid" vegetable. However, I have always been left with the feeling, that this soup need some more texture/viscosity.Therefore I decided to merge the cauliflower soup with the THE Potato Soup, which turned to be a match made in heaven :-)

Soup with cauliflower and potatoes: - 3 servings
  • 250 g potato - in bigger squares
  • 1 onion (100 g) - in bigger squares
  • 1 cauliflower - in florets
  • 9 dl vegetable stock
  • 1-1½ dl full-fat cream (38% fat)
  • salt & pepper
  1. Put all the vegetable into a medium size cooking pot together with 4-5 dl vegetable stock.
  2. Boil the vegetables, until the potatoes is soft (15-20 minutes)
  3. Blend everything to a homogeneous mass without vegetable lumps
  4. Add in the remaining of the vegetable stock together with the cream. Cook up to the boiling point
  5. Season with salt and pepper
  6. Serve with bread
  7. Ready, eat and enjoy :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...