Here in January I continue to make various soups, as soups are warming during this Winter season. When you make soup it is also very easy to make extra portions, which can be enjoyed on busy working days. These extra portion can either be stored in refrigerator (2-4 days storage) or in the freezer.
As other suggestion for soup with potato alone or combination with potatoes, you could also have a look here:
I was looking for some new inspiration for potato soup, and I here I found this recipe potato soup with leak from Arla. I decided to not add bacon on top, and I also increased the amount of cream to use up all the cream from the carton.
Creamy potato soup with leak: - 4 portions
- 10-20 g butter
- 1 onions - medium chopped
- 500 g potatoes - peeled and medium chopped
- 2 leaks - only the white part - medium sliced
- 7½ dl vegetable stock
- 2 dl dairy whipping cream, 30-38% fat
- salt & pepper for seasoning
- Melt the butter, it should not turn burn.
- Fry the chopped onion & potatoes in the melted butter for 2 minutes.
- Add in the sliced leak, and let it fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable stock, bring the soup to a gentle simmer.
- Let the soup simmer gentle for 15 minutes under lid.
- Check that the vegetable parts are soft.
- Blend the soup.
- After blending pour in the cream.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve and enjoy :-)
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.