I loved it, when I can "slow" start the day by having breakfast in bed instead of the usual hurry durin the workings days. You have the time to really enjoy the food as well as read either the new papers, some magazines or a book.
This morning was one of these "slow starting" mornings. The breakfast tray contained a glass of milk, a smoothie made from frozen strawberries and blood orange juice, tea, soft boiled egg, a bagel and honey glazed red grape fruit. I am a big fan of both blood oranges and red grape fruit, as they have that extra touch of sweetness.
Honey glazed grape fruit: (recipe from Brunch by Lynn Andersen)
- 1 grape fruit
- 2 tabelspoon of honey
- Heat the oven to 250'C
- Cut the grape fruit into two halfes.
- Cut with a knife along the peel of the grapefruit as well as between each section of the fruit pieces.
- Put honey of each surface of the grape fruit
- Place the grape fruit in a ovenproof dish
- Bake for 5-10 minutes in the center of the oven