I have received this cake recipe from a rowing friend. I really likes this cake from the very first bite of it. And when I heard, what kind of ingredients is inside, I was quiet surprised !!!!! Are you actually able to cake a bake from biscuits, nuts, sugar and egg white ? Yes, it is possible.
Another of my rowing friends is a big fan of this cake, as it apparently should lower in cholesterol compared to "normal" cake. However, if this is true or not, I have not idea about.
- 150 g TUC biscuits / salty biscuits
- 350 g sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 200 g hazel nuts
- 7 egg whites
- Grind the hazel nuts.
- Crush the biscuits into a fine powder
- Blend the egg white into the dry powders
- Pour into a baking form, diameter 22 cm
- Bake at 175'C for 30-40 minutes