February 27, 2011

Broccoli curry


I am a big fan of veggie curries after I have been living in the UK for 1½ year back in 2001-2002. This Sunday evening it was time for a broccoli curry, which has some great colours. This broccoli curry is one of the recipes coming as a new letter with my weekly vegetable box from Aarstiderne.

Due to my English experience I prefer my curry to stronger than the "normal" Dane. So this is the reason I use strong curry in this curry. And I use one tablespoon instead of ½ tablespoon.

Broccoli curry (recipe from Aarstiderne) - serves 4:
 
  • 1 broccoli
  • 3-5 tomatoes
  • 2 onions
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • ½ chilli
  • 1 teaspoon fresh grounded ginger
  • 1 can coconot milk
  • 1 dl water
  • 1 tablespoon curry
  • salt
  1. Cut the broccoli into bouquets
  2. Cut the onions into small pieces
  3. Cut the cloves of garlic into thin slices
  4. Cut the chilli into small pieces, remove the seeds
  5. Cut the tomatoes in bigger chunks
  6. Sauté the onions, garlic and broccoli  at low heat i oil for 5 minutes
  7. Add the curry for sauté for another 2 minutes
  8. Add tomatoes, chilli and ginger
  9. Turn up the heat
  10. Add the coconut milk, use the water to remove the last part of the coconut from the can
  11. Cook up the boilling point
  12. Cook untill the vegetable  are soft
  13. Season with salt
  14. Serve with rice







No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...