November 30, 2020

Banana bread a la "Rye 115"

 

I have located this recipe on banana bread shared by hotel "Rye 115" in the travelling section from my local new paper. The only modification, which I have done, is that I exchanged the dark chocolate with milk chocolate. 

I also reduced the amount of vanilla powder from 2 tablespoons to 2 teaspoons. Perhaps you are you using vanilla sugar, it could be, that you should use 2 tablespoons.

You can regular to check the cake during the baking, as the indicated 42 minutes at 170'C is not enough at all in my oven. Here I had to bake for 60-70 minutes at 170'C. So, keep an open eye, if you bake this cake.

Banana bread a la "Rye 115": - 1 cake

  • 100 g sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 250 g (cake) wheat flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 dl rape seed oil or sun flower oil
  • 4 matured bananas - peeled and mashed
  • 100 g milk chocolate - medium chopped

  1. Heat up the oven to 170'C.
  2. Whip the eggs and sugar together for 10 minutes. I used by stand alone mixer for this purpose, so I did not have holding a hand mixer for 10 minutes.
  3. Add in the wheat flour, baking powder, vanilla powder, salt and oil. And whip until homogenous.
  4. Add in the mashed bananas and whip again.
  5. Finally add in the chocolate, and whip again for a short time or stir in the chopped chocolate by hand.
  6. Fill the cake dough in a bread form.
  7. Bake the cake at 170'C in middle/upper part of the oven.
  8. Check regular during the baking, if the cake is baked.
  9. Bake at 170'C for 45-70 minutes.
  10. Cold down the cake prior to serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...