This week-end the annual festival of Danish cherries (kirsebærfestival takes place in Kertiminde. So in order to celebrate the wonderful Danishes cherries, I hereby share a recipe on cherries in rum with you. The cherries should stores for around three months, so they will be ready for the use together with the classic Danish Christmas dessert of ris a la mande, another option could be serve these cherries together with white chocolate panna cotta.
At the course in Summer Preserves, the tutor Vivien Lloyd showed us how to make cherries in brandy. However, as I am not to keen on brandy, I decided to exchange the brandy as alcohol part with rum instead of. So here is my version of (Danish) cherries of rum.
Cherries in rum: - 1 portion/glass
- 250 g cherries - washed & dried
- 100 g sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 allspice berries
- 300 ml white rum
- Remove the stalks from the cherries and de-stone them.
- Place the cherries in 0.75 l storage glass/jar
- Add in the sugar, cinnamon stick and allspice berries.
- Pour the rum on top.
- Close the glass/jar.
- Agitate the glass daily, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Store for minimum 3 months.
- Can be used as dessert sauce for ris a la mande or other dessert.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.