At my recent birthday coffee I served oat cookies with raisin and cinnamon. Some of my birthday guests thought, that the raisins were dark chocolate, so it was a bit of a surprise, when biting into a raisin ! I sued this recipe on oat cookies as starting point Valdemarsro havregryns cookies without the addition of dates and dark chocolate.
In USA oat cookies is always served with raisin and cinnamon, so I used this good flaour combination.
As other suggestions for oat cookies, you could also look at oat cookies a la Louisa Lorang or cookies with oat flakes, rhubarb and white chocolate.
Oat cookies with raisin and cinnamon:- 12-14 cookies
- Heat up the fan oven to 175'C.
- 50 g soft butter
- 50 g sugar
- 50 g dark muscovado sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon full-fat milk
- 120 g oat flakes - fine
- 100 g (cake) wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 75 g raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat up the oven to
- Add soft butter, sugar and muscovado sugar into the mixing bowl. whip it into a foamy mass
- Add in the egg and milk into the butter-sugar mass. Whip it together.
- In another mixing bowl add oat flakes, wheat flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon, blend it together.
- Stir the dry mixture of ingredients into the liquid cookie mass. Stir it well together.
- Finally stir in the raisins.
- Cover the baking trays with baking parchment.
- Use to teaspoons to scoop up the cookie and place it on the baking tray with a good distance between each cookie, as the cookie will float out during baking.
- Bake the cookie at 175'C for 15 minutes.
- Swap the baking tray around in the oven after 8 minutes baking.
- After baking cool down the cookies, before storing them in airtight containers.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.