I have located this recipe on clementines in brandy a la Jamsmith, and I thaught these clementines could be used either for dessert for coming guests or as hostesse gift for up-coming Christmas events.
I decided to add star anise as extra flavour twist to the cognac syrup.
I think these clementines would be as an extra twist to ice cream.
Clementines in brandy a la Jamsmith:
- Start ny preparing the storage glasses by filling them with boiling water.
- Peel the clementines, remove as much of the white membrane as possible. Divide each clementine into single "boat"/unit
- Pour water, cognac, star anis and sugar into a cooking pot over low heat. Heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Fill the storage glasses for water and fill them with clementine units/"boats".
- Pour the cognac syrup over the clementines, until the glass is full. Close the glass.
- Store the glasses cold.