Well, if the weather can not bring cold, ice and snow for Christmas, when you have to make your own ice in form of this nougat ice cream. Nougat is another key ingredients in many types of Christmas candy, so why use nougat in ice cream ? I got this idea for making nougat ice cream, tasting a home-made version at some of my friends.
So if you have some nougat left after having made your Christmas candy, why not try to turn into ice cream as another version of Christmas candy ?
Nougat ice cream:
- 630 g whole milk, 3-3.5% fat
- 39 g skimmed milk powder
- 96 g sugar
- 32 g glucose syrup as powder
- 6 g ice cream stabiliser
- 200 g nougat
- Dry-mix all the powder ingredients. Pout them into the milk, as the milk is whipped.
- Pour the milk base into the a cooking pot and put in chunks of nougat as well.
- Heat the ice cream mix over medium heat until hot, but not boiling.
- Pour the ice cream mix into a plastic container with a lid on.
- Cool down the ice cream mix in the refrigerator, let the mix stand for minimum 4 hours or night over.
- Whip the ice cream mix prior to freezing it.
- Pour the mix into the ice cream machine and freeze it into ice cream, which takes around 30-40 minutes.
- Store the ice cream in the freezer.