Mincemeat has become an important ingredient for me in connection with Christmas. And for the very first time I have decided to make my very own mincemeat using this recipe on mincemeat a la Lavender & Lovage instead of buying it. Buying it is also something of challenge, as I live in Denmark, and mincemeat is sold in UK.
Let me list some recipe, where mincemeat plays an important role:
Mincemeat a la Lavender & Lovage:
- 450 g apple juice
- 450 g soft dark brown sugar
- 450 g cooking apples - cored & chopped – no need to peel
- 1 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 475 g mixed dried fruits (sultanas, currants and raisins)
- 110 g chopped sucat
- 110 g almonds - medium chopped
- 1 organic orange - juice and zest
- 1 oraganic lemon - juice and zest
- 150 ml brandy or Cognac
- Put the cider and sugar into a large saucepan & heat gently until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients, except the brandy/cognac and slowly bring to the boil – stirring all the time.
- Lower the heat and cover the saucepan with a lid and gently let is simmer for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the storage glasses with boiling water.
- Pour in the brandy/cognac and stir it very well.
- Fill the mincemeat into the storage glasses.
- Store the mincemeat in cold and dry place.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.