December 07, 2011

Christmas Calendar Door 7 - Baked marzipan confect


Perhaps I should consider to have Odense Marcipan as sponsor for my kitchen blog ? as I "big user" of their products in form of their various marzipans as well as their different chocolate types for my "production" of Christmas candy / confect.

I have found this recipe in my marzipan cooking book "Kager, desserter & konfekt - Stjernestunder og gæster", which you also can find here bagt mandelkonfekt. As I had three types of marzipan in my kitchen cupboard I got the idea of making Tricolour Baked marzipan. However, the "red" Forest Fruit marzipan did not success as it should, so I had to dump this version. Perhaps my French working colleagues were send "bad voodoo" towards to my kitchen due to my reference to their national flag ?

I also find, that the ratio of egg white to marzipan is not optimal. The marzipan mass is quiet "liquid", so another time I would use 1 egg white to 400 g of marzipan. Looking at my baked marzipan and comparing to the picture in the marzipan cooking is comparing the moon with the sun !! However, the taste is great.


Baked marzipan confect:

  • 200 g plain marzipan
  • 100 g icing sugar
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 1 egg white
  • 15 almond with skin

  • 200 cocoa marzipan
  • 100 g icing sugar
  • 1 tea spoon honey
  • 1 egg white
  • 15 almonds without skin
  1. Heat the oven (conventional) to 200'C
  2. Knead the marzipan together with honey, icing sugar and egg white
  3. Form the marzipan mass into small balls.
  4. Decorate each marzipan ball with a whole almond.
  5. Bake the marzipan confect at 200'C for 15 minutes.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...